Prequalified Enumerators -Jubbaland
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC in Somalia
NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 with four area offices in Kismayo, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions. NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the data collector is to conduct field data collection (Household and phone surveys) as well as do beneficiaries verifications at HH level.
He or she will have a direct contact with households and have a great bearing on the quality of data being collected.
- Conduct Baseline,Midline and Endline surveys.
- Conduct FGDs and KIIs to solicite feedback from project stakeholder and share the report with M&E
- Conduct data collection of post distribution monitoring.
- Conduct HH surveys and phone surveys when necessary
- Capture data using digital data gathering technology.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents, build good rapport, and trust relationship with the respondents.
- Inform M&E/Project staff on daily field issues including technical issues.
- Ensure that the data collected is of high quality
- Conduct FGD and KII and interpret the findings into a report in English and share the findings with the respective department.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Willingness to work in demanding, stressful situations under difficult field working conditions with respect for basic security rules;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English as well as excellent Somali language is required.
Context related skills; knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of the local language (Somali)
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
- Diploma or degree in Community Services, statistics and other relevant courses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required
- Prospective candidates must have strong interpersonal skills as well as good qualitative and quantitative skills
Duty station: Kismayo, Dollow, Luq, Belethawo and Dhobley
Duration and type of contract: Need Based
NOTE: PLEASE STATE ON YOUR APPLICATION LETTER THE AREA YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.