Deputy Project Manager
Global Green Growth Institute
Uganda (Kampala) Expire:
- Support the implementation of the Project, with a strong focus on liaising with the donor KOICA, the Korean Embassy and all Korean counterparts in this Project.
- Ensure the delivery of the feasibility
- Take charge of the knowledge exchange from the Ugandan partners to Korea to maximize learning and knowledge exchange between the countries (if COVID19 allows).
- Originate and develop spin-off opportunities of the Project, including potential additional resource mobilization to further accelerate Uganda’s shift to green urbanization and industrialization, again exploring specifically options with the Korean counterparts.
- Assess effectiveness of program activities and recommend improvements to meet key milestones for the program scoping and set-up
- Ensure synergy and alignment of the Project with the Government of Uganda’s strategies and directions, as well as GGGI Uganda and Head Office Strategies.
- Oversee the quality of the results as well as the effective and efficient delivery of results.
- Lead the day-to-day communication, supported by the team members, with the Korean counterparts both in country as well as out of country.
- Identify, interact and attract interest of Korean companies and consultants in the sanitation and waste space.
- Coordinate with GGGI experts and other departments (legal, HR, Procurement etc) to ensure high quality delivery and delivery within the rules and regulations of GGGI and KOICA.
- Support project execution consistent with the Project objectives engaging national counterparts and building reputation for quality design and reliable delivery.
- Build capacity of internal staff and government officials where applicable.
- Adapt project cycle and enhance project implementation process to ensure project outcomes are delivered as planned
- Ensure successful completion of the project deliverables detailed in the Project Agreement.
- Safeguards, Poverty Reduction and Social Inclusion are key for this Project and need to be mainstreamed and/or applied in all deliveries and outputs.
- An advanced degree (Masters) in the field of International Relations, Business Administration, Project, Public Administration, Development Economics, Environmental Management or related fields.
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor degree) or a more technical background specifically in the field of Waste Management or Water and Sanitation, or a comparable relevant field may be considered in lieu of a post graduate degree)
- Preferably 7-10 years of relevant project management experience in developing countries at senior levels (e.g. leading projects)
- Experience in East Africa, or specifically Uganda is an advantage.
- Experience with the management of KOICA funded projects or similar is an advantage.
- Experience in one of the key technical sectors, Solid Waste Management or Fecal Slude Management is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Korean languages (speaking, reading and writing) is required and non-negotiable
- Detail-oriented striving for quality and consistency in all outputs and communications.
- Able to perform analysis of management and administrative matters in tandem and under time constraints.
- Output-oriented, demonstrating creativity, innovation and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Highly organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently.
- Excellent organizational and management understanding
- Demonstrated experience with safeguards, gender, poverty reduction and social inclusion.
- Proven and strong reporting skills as reporting requirements are significant within this position.
- Understanding of green (climate) financing is an advantage
- Experience in mobilization of resources from financial institutions and development partners is a benefit.
- Experience in policy formulation, capacity building and multi-stakeholder engagement within the technical areas
- Exceptional skills in building productive working relationships with colleagues, field offices, stakeholders, donors and other partners
- Strategic thinker and solutions-oriented manager with good ability to multitask and work in a matrix environment
- Good knowledge in monitoring and evaluation systems within a performance-based management context.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Excels at problem solving, ask questions and seeks support when needed, shares easily information and knowledge with others both internally as externally.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Strong ability to work independently and/or remotely, while maintaining productivity.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills; including public speaking.
- GGGI Uganda has a Host Country Agreement in place with the Government of Uganda and therefore in case of international candidates this is a Diplomatic Post.
- The chosen candidate is expected to be based in Kampala, Uganda and will report to the Project Manager of this project based in Kampala.
- For more information on GGGI’s terms and conditions (allowances, health care, education etc) please familiarize yourself with GGGI’s Rules and Regulations that can be found here: https://gggi.org/policy-documents/.