Operations - Senior Assistant - Baidoa, Somalia
The Operations - Senior Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer in support Somalia Humanitarian Explosive Management for Stabilization (HEMS) Project. In close coordination with the rest UNMAS HEMS team, he/she support the management of the overall operations in the field.
- He/she assist the HEMS operations team in day-to-day activities for contracted teams, analyzing team tasks and checking reports.
- Visit task sites to monitor Quality Assurance (QA) Quality Control (QC) & assure the progress of field service delivery by the contractors.
- Coordinate land release and handover of cleared sites in collaboration with SEMA and contractors.
- Identify potential clearance task sites in coordination with the affected land users and SEMA.
- He/she facilitates and supports the provision and issuance of tasking order to the contractors delivering services to mitigate explosive threats across the Federal Member States (FMS) and state level.
- He/she provide assist the project to develop routine and ad hoc-reports on operational activities and during formal incidents/accidents BOI investigations.
- He/she verifies the project information management by updating project filing and documents, control the share driver/systems and ensure all project memories are properly archived.
- He/she assist the project and other section in translation and interpretation to and from local languages.
- He/she plays a leading role in liaison between UNMAS and relevant stakeholders including implementing partners/contractors, local communities, clan/elders, relevant FMS ministries, national authorities, and partners from other programs.
- He/she assists in routine logistical and administrative duties and monitor equipment issued and loaned to implementing partners.
- He/she organizes routine field visits to assess the service delivery of the partner and assist to measure the impact of the services delivered by the contractor and mission in general.
- He/she organizes and provides the general regional security and political updates to the project management team.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the Project Manager.
*CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
*Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- A First Level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum of one year of relevant experience is required; OR
- High School (Secondary or equivalent) with five years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in programme management, project management, project development, project administration, operation support or administration support.
- Experience in report writing is required;
- Experience in Explosive Hazard Management is highly desired;
- Computer literacy is required.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing) is required.
- Fluency in Somali (speaking, reading and writing) is required.