Regional Supply Chain Manager
Overall purpose of the role:
- Overall oversight of all procurement and logistics matters within the programme in East Africa and Great Lakes, in close cooperation with the Regional Head of Support Services
- Provision of technical support, monitoring, and oversight to all procurement and logistics activities within the region, ensuring compliance with DRC and donor regulations
- Ensure standardization of procedures and policy across the region through support, guidance and training, and in coordination with colleagues from across the region
- Provide capacity building support and advice on procurement and logistics matters as required
- Line management of the Regional Supply Chain Team
Support to Country Programmes
- Ensure adherence to DRC Operational Handbook policies and procedures in all areas relating to logistics and procurement through monitoring and support visits and review of reports
- Provide technical advice to managers and other colleagues on logistics policies and procedures, and feed into budgeting and planning processes as required
- Ensure that each country in the region is visited at least twice per year, with support visits structured according to programme and support needs
- Establish a system of reporting key performance indicators across the region that allows oversight of the Supply Chain function, and feeds into Trimester reports to RHoSS and CDs on the overall performance of the logistics function
- Establish standard processes and formats for all documents relating to logistics across the region, in line with the DRC Operational Handbook
- Provide training, guidance and capacity building as required to ensure that the logistics function performs efficiently and in line with the DRC Operational Handbook
- Capacity building of Regional Supply chain staff, Training of Programme staffs.
- Compliance checks in Country offices for the Supply chain function.
- Review of high value procurement documents before contract award.
- Problem solving and help desk on interpretation of DRC Supply Chain Procedures
- Support in implementation of DRC Dynamics supply chain Modules
Regional Office Management
- Ensure that the regional office functions effectively in support of the country programmes, through the line management of a Regional Supply chain Officer and drivers
- Ensure that the regional office activities are compliant with the DRC Operations Handbook, and aligned with formats and processes being followed in other areas of the region
- Participate in regional planning, strategy, and other meetings as required to represent the Supply Chain function
- Any other task as may be required by Line Manager
This position reports to the Regional Head of Support Services
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies
- A degree in Purchasing or Logistics Management. An MBA may be considered if the candidate possesses full CIPS, UK qualification
- 5 – 7 years’ work experience in a senior management role, managing a logistics and procurement department with significant responsibilities in staff supervision and capacity building.
- At least 3 years’ experience in regional office setup in a busy INGO with regional level responsibilities that span across more than one country.
- Solid background in logistics and procurement functions and contracts management.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic decision making, problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to facilitate change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels including building relationships with colleagues over long distances.
- Experience of providing inputs to proposals and donor reports in procurement and logistics.
- Experience in working with ERP Supply chain solutions.
- Field experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge or experience of working in the East Africa Great Lakes region.
- Willingness to travel extensively within Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, Uganda, Tanzania, Djibouti, Burundi, Congo, South Sudan and Sudan, including areas of insecurity, within the security framework of DRC
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
- French Language will be an added advantage
Contract: One year contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for National staff in Kenya.
Availability: January 2022
Duty station: Nairobi
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 19th November 2021.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.