Community Engagement Team Leader - Herat - DRC Jobs
DRC: Danish Refugee Council
Afghanistan (Herat)Deadline: May 26, 2022full time
The Community Engagement team leader is primarily responsible for supporting programme staff based in the Area Office in organizing and providing conflict mediation trainings, community safety planning and youth engagement
activities. The team leader will work closely with the CE Specialist to conduct detailed conflict analysis in areas of implementation to inform community engagement and ensure conflict sensitivity of all activities. The team leader will also contribute to project monitoring, evaluation and reporting and is expected to mentor and support of CE staff based in Area Offices.
- Support the CE officers with procurement process, plans, updates, and follow-up with the procurement unit.
- Support translation of training materials, documents and interpretation in meetings as needed.
- Support planning, organizing and conducting trainings and workshops on community safety (community mapping and conflict analysis) and conflict management.
- Support the CE Specialist in
adapting and/or updating training methodology, content and materials.
- Support the identification of community safety and social cohesion initiatives and their implementation
- Maintain regular communication with programme staff in the area office for mentoring and reporting.
- Establish and maintain linkages among relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Work closely with the Area Programme Manager (APM), CE Specialist, and support programme staff in the area office in conducting conflict assessments, ensure that they are updated and shared with relevant DRC staff.
- Support the CE officers in conflict mediation trainings, community safety planning (CSP) and youth engagement activities.
- Keep the APM and CE Specialist updated on the progress of the activities and any issues that may arise during the implementation that need senior managers' attention.
- Support the APM and MEAL department in generating qualitative and quantitative data to document milestones of project progress and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates as required.
- Promote a culture of learning with the team and actively share challenges and lessons learned.
- Support with the recruitment processes and follow up on recruitments with HR department at the area level.
- Provide weekly report to the CE Specialist on program status in the area level.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Area Manager and CE Specialist.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 3 years of work experience in conflict management, conflict analysis, community safety, youth engagement or other relevant area.
- Strong analytical and technical skills on community safety and conflict mediation.
- Knowledge of and experience working with communities in Afghanistan.
- Ability to clearly express one’s thoughts, to analyze and present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to set priorities and to work independently and as part of a team.
- Innovative and creative thinking with strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Political and cultural sensitivity, as well as a diplomatic, tactful, and flexible interpersonal style.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Education & qualifications:
- University degree in Social Sciences, Political law or any other relevant degree
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Good knowledge of English
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari