Associate Information Systems Officer (SAP SCM Processes), P2
UNITED NATION: United Nations Secretariat
United States (New York)Deadline: Jun 1, 2022full time
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Supply Chain Management, Solution Architecture Service team of the ERPSD in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance and Department of Operational Support. The incumbent reports to, and works under the supervision of a Senior Information Systems Officer.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation project, enabling high-quality, and cost effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN's human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org.
The scope of the position includes technical work required for the implementation of the SAP software to maintain and develop the Umoja solution in respect of the existing functionality, work stream and processes as well as for new functionality coming up with the design, build and roll out as well as subsequent stabilization of the project's new phase.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Information Systems Officer may be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications for the implementation of the team's work and processes, particularly programming, configuration, workflow and process integration.
- Assists in the design, development, test and roll out of the above suite of technical services and processes.
- Undertakes complex systems analysis of well-defined modules within the system, develop enhancements and new features to existing systems; may design and implement small, standalone systems as needed (e.g. to meet individual user requirements).
- Provides operational support to data security and integrity.
- Participates in developing and maintaining Information Systems project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Assists in identifying appropriate human and technical resources to complete the project, assists in assuring that deviations from project schedule are addressed and communicated, assists in developing timely project status reports, monitoring project risk factors, escalating project issues, and providing Quality Assurance for all project deliverables.
- Writes and develops programs to interface with existing systems.
- Participates in developing disaster recovery plans, contingency plan or risk solution plan.
- Prepares, updates and maintains system's documentation and related technical/procedural manuals.
- Assists in the tracking and monitoring of SAP software performance measures.
- Drafts training materials and conducts training sessions and demonstrations of systems for users.
- Participates with senior staff in assessing and testing new technology.
- Performs ad hoc duties as required.
- May provide guidance to new/junior staff.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in similar fields in combination with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Certification in SAP SCM modules is desirable.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area is required.
- Experience with an SAP Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] system is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
This position is financed by Umoja funding. The appointment or assignment and renewal thereof are subject to the availability of the post or funds, budgetary approval or extension of the mandate.